Friday, September 4, 2009

.day.?. -------

I suck. Why can I not stick with anything that I start? I tried the 365 blog thing THREE SEPARATE TIMES. And each time I have tried, I have failed. I let so many other things get in the way of me enjoying taking and editing photos. Work CONSUMES me. The goal of the daily blog was to improve my photography skills, and be able to look back on the year and have a record of some great memories. Instead, I look back and see what I didn't finish. I suck. I have no excuse for not completing my self-assigned project. Other than I just gave up. :/

I really wish I could try it again. Any suggestions for staying motivated?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm already motivated to do the taking and the editing, so getting them posted wasn't such a huge step after that. Also, I knew people were looking at it (at least my mom, and some other family) so I felt like I needed to update it, because they'd be checking. I did the year end wrap up post, and I think that doing the project was worth it. I improved a lot, and I'm shocked the amount of crap we do in a year.

Maybe try a 52 project instead of a 365?

.tracy.365. said...

Thanks for the advice! :) :)

I realize that since my job really has nothing to do with photography, it's hard to find the time or energy to pick up my camera at the end of the day. I considered have some sort of meshing of the two. I could totally do a serious in the classroom/school. I really like the once a week idea. Its definitely better than nothing. Maybe if I dont feel the pressure of EVERY DAY, I might be motivated to do several in one week. Hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I can't stop picking up the camera, John makes fun of me a lot for it.