Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 4 - flower power!

Today was a work day for summer school. It was a nice change of pace to get out of the house and actually do something productive. On my way home, I pulled into the driveway and noticed that E's day lillies had bloomed this morning! (e plants 'em, i photog 'em.) So, I got these pics of the colorful petals. Also, FYI, I looked up the parts of the flower because I got confused on which was the pistil and which was the stamen. Well, the middle part of the flower (the long green thing sticking out) is the pistil. The stamen are the pollen pods on the ends of those little sprouts. Yes, I teach 5th grade science, but that is a 4th grade standard. I know nothing about the sex of plants, thankyouverymuch.



When e's parents came down in May, they brought a few of erin's grandmother's hostas with them. They have rooted and are blooming. I love when they get the pretty purple flowers :)


1 comment:

sadie.higs said...

omg, you make me reeeeeally wanna get the 100macro NOW. too bad i don't have the money for it yet.